Setup a VPN connection from Windows
Please note that this client is only compatible with version of windows including Windows XP, Server 2000, Server 2008, Windows 7, but not Windows 8 or newer. Windows 8 and Windows 10 users should use a 3rd party IPSEC VPN client such as Shrew Soft VPN Client For Windows. (Note: While the Shrew Soft site only lists compatibility with Windows 8, we have confirmed it is compatible with Windows 10.) For non-Windows users, the native Cisco client is one of the easiest ways to connect to your VPN.
Download and install the Cisco VPN Client (please note this is different than Cisco Any Connect client). MacStadium customers can download the program from the link we provide you in your VPN Setup documentation.
Click create a NEW VPN connection
Enter the following credentials:
- A Connection Entry Name (something like MacStadium VPN)
- The VPN’s IP Address / Hostname (something like 208.52.xxx.yyy)
- Your assigned Group Authentication Name
- Your assigned Group Authentication Password (the Shared Secret / PSK)
Finally, after you have created the new connection entry, you can click the CONNECT button, and Enter the following credentials:
- Your User Account Name
- Your User Account Password
Now, select OK, to connect…